Topics Covered in this Notice
- What Personal Information About Customers Does ClearSmile Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does ClearSmile Share the Information It Receives?
- What About Information Security?
- What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
- Which Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Examples of Information Collected
1. What Personal Information Does ClearSmile Gather?
The information we gather helps us personalize and continually improve your experience at all of ClearSmile’ websites. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on one of our Web sites or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to utilize some of the features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing your transactions with us, improving our sites, and communicating with you.
2. What About Cookies?
- Cookies are identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide personalized features.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of ClearSmile membership sites’ coolest features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
3. Does ClearSmile Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. However there may be instances where we are required by law or other mandate to share information in such cases as:
- Protection of ClearSmile and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of ClearSmile, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
4. What About Information Security?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
5. What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
clearsmilebrace.com may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these advertisers or third-party websites.
6. Which Information Can I Access?
If you choose to enroll as a member to any of our sites, you will be provided the means to view and change any personal information stored with us.
7. What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information although doing so might prevent you from becoming a member, completing a transaction, or utilizing a feature or function of ClearSmile’s membership sites.
- If you become a member of clearsmilebrace.com, you can add or update certain information on your personalized page within our Membership Area. When you update information, we usually keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
8. Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide us with your information mostly when you make a purchase or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you place an order through clearsmilebrace.com. You provide information in Your Customer Profile, and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us, whenever you communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise, and whenever you login using your e-mail address and password.
Information You Can Access
All enrolled members of clearsmilebrace.com, you can easily access up-to-date information regarding recent orders; personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, phone number) and payment settings on their own personal accounts.
- Why did you receive an email from us?: If you received a mailing from us, (a) your email address is listed as being an account holder or (b) you have an existing business relationship with our account holder and have expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future (“opt-in”).
- How can you stop receiving email?: Each email sent contains an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving email from the lists your are subscribed to, or to change your expressed interests. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions at the end of any email.
- How we protect your privacy: We use security measures such as encryption to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of data used by our system.
- Data Definitions: We hold two types of data. These are a) your personal account information and b) the data of subscribers who are on your lists (‘subscriber data’).
- Sharing and Usage of Account Information: We will never share, sell, or rent your personal account information or subscriber data with anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information and to contracted service providers for purposes of providing services relating to our communications with you.
- Injunction Clause: If, for any reason, this policy is violated, you may obtain a legal injunction to prevent the exposure of your data.
Any Further Questions on Privacy Issues, please contact us.